 Space / 24820
Re: The Ghost
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 01:44:33 GMT

In lugnet.space, Keith Goldman wrote:

I just can’t jump on the warm and fuzzy bandwagon here. What the hell is this thing? A red space-winnebago? I guess you are going for the whole space-comedy thing here, but I have to say that its about as interesting as a bag of hammers. The guns are uninspired, and don’t live up to your outlandish claims... the engine... man it is horrible. The mixed-matched canopies have got to go. I understand you have parts limitations (as we all do) but find another solution. Ok again I’m force to think that you are tying for a different sort of look..like red dwarf, or hitchhikers guide. If that is the case, you have succeded. On the positive side, the interior consoles were pretty good, and the ladder. And does it land on its verticle thrusters?

Well, as a piece of criticism to counteract the cloying fuzziness of our space forum, this is a promising start Keith, but I think it needs a bit of work.

Two big changes you could make to your criticism is 1) try subtler remarks than “it’s as interesting as a bag of hammers” and 2) try actually making suggestions as to what’s actually wrong with various things - like the engine, saying it’s horrible just makes you sound immature, if you specify some actual design flaws and possible solutions it sounds a lot more intelligent... not to mention being much more helpful. I think you’ll also find that trying to think up possible improvements can also help form new construction ideas of your own (it’s happened to me before).

Anyways, good luck with your next critique Keith. ;-)

Cheers,