 Space / 24875
Re: More new MOCS: a whole bunch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.military, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 07:38:05 GMT

"spencer nowak" <spnow87@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:HGC17E.LrB@lugnet.com...
After my last post (and the resulting reprimand from adm. Giddens), I was
inspired to get a few more MOCs posted.  Here they are:
(All the folders are moderated, so if ya want more pics just go up)

Albatross reminds me of a world war II figher.  Cool look.  Nice work with
the landing gear.  The ability to ombine technic pieces with normal system
pieces is a good skill to have.  I suggest you throw a few bricks under the
tail strut to fatten it up a bit, and use something a little smaller for the
rudder (like maybe an 8x4 wing layed down with 4 studs up and 8 across).

The BBT is aptly named.  ;)   Always like a well-placed pirate flag.  I took
the white flags off my Twin Starfire (an old school classic space set -
#1499) and replaced them with Pirate flags a while back...  I'm also a big
sucker for asymmetry, so I really like that curved plate you used just
behind the barrel of the cannon.

Which brings me to the Hauler, my favorite of the lot.  I usually don't go
for land vehicles, but this one has a solid color scheme and realistic
design.  And good asymmetry.  ;)

It's strange, but you seem to be gaining months of skills between pictures.
Were these built over a long period of time and only just now you're posting
pictures of everything?  The chopper is pretty cool.  It would probably kick
my chopper's butt, but mine's faster, I'm sure.  ;)    One simple suggestion
for it: lengthen the main rotor blades to as long as you can make them (that
is, just short enough to not hit the rear rotor)

The space ship is a pretty good concept, but I think it needs something on
the roof.  Like, oh, I dunno...  a big ol' cannon or something!  Can never
have enough of those...

-- Tom