 Space / 18811
Re: WANTED: New fad!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 22:35:46 GMT

Another powered suit came up on my search by one Austin Bailey that looks
like a Pixie that's been on an extended course of steroids
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=263378).

well, as much as the pixie did inspire me to get unlazy and build some cool
battle armor suits, i've gotta give credit for inspiration of that
particular model, and the barbarian (slightly larger:
www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=233783) to Jeremy Sproat. it was
his stickfig mecha that i initially looked at and said "add a helmet, and
that's some nice armor." he's got some great designs, and most of them could
be directly adapted to battle armors. particularly, his A-58 and A-99
models(http://www.sproat.us/jeremy/lego/stickfig/).

My mecha skills are poor to say the least, but they look like such fun I'm
willing to give it a shot.
hey...it sounds like your first mecha skills are WAY better than mine. my
first mecha (anime style) had 12 or 13 points of articulation TOTAL. not to
say that i've gotten SO much better or anything, but in my opinion, you get
better with each model you build and see. it also takes inspiration. i think
everything in my "mecha" folder
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=6805) except for the
micro-fig stuff in about a month or two, last december and january. i just
got the inspiration and it happened. i wish i had started out with something
as nice as some of your cool little things (i like the little mini-thing).
instead, i made the phantom and spectre :(
-austin
p.s. :)