 Space / 18773
Re: WANTED: New fad!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 02:09:17 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kyle Keppler writes:
That's the thing with fads, you can never predict what they will be. It
needs to be simple, yet easy, and still cool to succede in .space. Here's to
the next fad, whatever it is!

I'm surprised that after Mladen Pejic's Pixie was revealed that powered
suits didn't take off more than they did. They've got the hallmarks of a
neat fad - they don't require 100,000 parts to build but they're complex
enough and open to near infinite interpretations - perhaps even moreso than
pods - that they could really get your creative juices going.

My miniwalker, which started out as a powered suit, but grew into more of a
mech, was inspired by the pixie, despite the fact they bear vitrtually no
resemblance to each other. (see
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=27587)

Cheers,
Allister

mmm... I can feel another powered suit coming on - Get me the magnifying glass!