 Space / 18784
Re: WANTED: New fad!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 13:58:57 GMT

You know, that's very true.  Mladen's suits are a blast.  There were few
variants (a firefighting suit....my apologies to the builder for not being
able to recall his name) that were really spectacular.

The manned mini mech  (M3?) are a real catchy thing as well. Yours rocks.
John Kornhaus made his premier post with one a few days...his Ranger w/pod.

My mecha skills are poor to say the least, but they look like such fun I'm
willing to give it a shot.

-G

In lugnet.space, Allister McLaren writes:

I'm surprised that after Mladen Pejic's Pixie was revealed that powered
suits didn't take off more than they did. They've got the hallmarks of a
neat fad - they don't require 100,000 parts to build but they're complex
enough and open to near infinite interpretations - perhaps even moreso than
pods - that they could really get your creative juices going.

My miniwalker, which started out as a powered suit, but grew into more of a
mech, was inspired by the pixie, despite the fact they bear vitrtually no
resemblance to each other. (see
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=27587)