 Space / 147
Re: The LD environment (or, Datsville in Space)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 22:47:40 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tobias Möller writes:
Why not vote on a page about which technologies should be allowed and which
should not?

Because then we miss out on some cool and strange stuff.

Everyone's idea of "space", or "sci-fi" to be more precise, is different: so
deciding and hashing out even by voting will take a long time. Plus, the
possible level of nitpicking would be more than most would want to put up with
and I, for one, don't feel it's necessary, as it might serve to discourage
participation rather than encourage it. To remedy this, see my post on a "A
New Kind of Timeline".

Besides, folks are thinking up new technologies even with stuff that's already
been discovered even without fantastic metals, energies, and substances. The
whole idea of biocomputers and bio-this and bio-that requires virtually no
real advances in energy-matter transformation, faster-than-light travel, field
and shield technology, etc.

What we need is a way to collect our different views and portrayals of "the
future" (or whatever anyone chooses to call his/her Lego space stuff) and be
able to link to them from one place.

-Tom McD.
when replying, the perfect option for backpackers: freeze-dried spamcake.