 Space / 131
Re: The LD environment (or, Datsville in Space)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 16:31:23 GMT

Tom McDonald wrote:
Excellent. Folks could design and show equipment, facilities, and civilian
stuff from times past. The Alpha-1 Rocket Base might no longer be functioning
but it might be a part of a military museum now, a museum on permanent
inactive duty, so it could still be official, even after all these years.

One could also take parts from offical TLG models and use them in other
creations.
It would be like NASA cutting the launch pad for the SaturnV in two and using
them
for the Space Shuttle.  The launch gantry for the Alpha-1 RB could become a
docking
arm.  The control room could become a guardhouse or Darth Vader's bathroom(1).
I would imagine any high-tech society would try to reuse as much of its garbage
as possible

-Chris, who has a sincere love of the gutter tech

1  Can anyone name the TV show this reference first appeared in?
   the original line was something like "What's this, Darth Vader's bathroom?"