 Space / 126
Re: The LD environment (or, Datsville in Space)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 00:01:14 GMT

In lugnet.space, Duane Hess writes:
In lugnet.space, Steve Bliss writes:
On Thu, 30 Sep 1999 18:58:44 GMT, "Duane Hess" <DNJHESS@ZDNETMAIL.COM>
wrote:
Tell you what. I'll design my ships with the technology that I can dream up
in my head. I don't care about the physics behind the model, only that it
looks cool. If the trans-yellow radar dishes on the front are meant to be
magnetic shield emitters, than that's what they are. If they are meant to
be a space-age bug deflector than so be it. But either way, they are in my
mind, what I say they are.

That could work too.

Maybe what should be in order is to start a timeline of the history of the
Earth space travel, the UPO, and maybe what comes after it. Then maybe
people's creations can fit into various locations in time and space. This
would allow for technology to improve and we don't ruffle anyone's feathers
cuz everyone's stuff has a place to fit in. We could include all kinds of
stuff but present it in such a way that doesn't seem lopsided or too
incredible. What do y'all think?

I think I'll let the rest of you guys determine where the space station
will be and what types of governments will rule it. In the mean time I'm
going to go home, read my Star Trek magazine and finish up my shuttle craft.
Let me know what you decide.

Duane, I would not like to see you less involved just because it seems like
we're pushing you out of the picture. I'm not trying to do that.

I do like talking about some of this stuff, yet maybe you don't find it fun.
What are your thoughts?

-Tom McD.
when replying, don't fumigate: Spamicake!