 Robotics / 18984
Re: RCX simulator ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 15:42:10 GMT

Stef Mientki wrote:

OK - so I buy the idea of an RCX simulator.

  * You could write one that emulated the RCX at the Lego Byte-Code
level.
    That's really easy - I could do it in a couple of hours...not a
problem

I expect that it would cost me at least a few weeks of my spare time,
so if you've a few hours of spare time, ...
I would be much obliged ;-)

OK - I'll do it if nobody else has - but I kinda thought it had
already been done.

There are a few things I need:

   1) The format of the byte-code files that NQC and the Lego tools
      use to save byte-code in.  Are they the same - or are there two
      different formats?

   2) A document explaining how the byte codes are stored in memory.
      (I think I've seen that somewhere out on the web - but I don't
      recall where).

   3) I only run Linux - so I can't use the Lego programming tools.
      If the Lego byte-code files are in a different format to the
      NQC files (which I *can* generate) then I'll need someone to send
      me some simple Lego files for me to practice with.

Mail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
URLs : http://www.sjbaker.org
        http://toobular.sf.net   http://lodestone.sf.net