 Robotics / 19028
RE: RCX simulator ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 20:04:01 GMT

Stef Mientki wrote:

travis wrote:
just what is an RCX simulator?

is it a virtual brick that resides on your computer?

-tk

Yes,
to give you even a better idea, I made a page with some of the ideas
(and pictures ofcourse), see
http://oase.uci.kun.nl/%7Emientki/PIC/JALss/JALss_RCX_devices.htm

Stef Mientki

I'm writing a H8/3292 emulator, with a view to interfacing it with an
RCX simulator, to create an RCX emulator of sorts. I'm writing it in C
(which I only started learning pretty recently) and it's slow going
because I never quite know how to do something. It's fun though and is
definitely helping me learn.

So far I've got it stepping through the RCX's ROM - using the
description on Kekoa Proudfoot's page, it seems to be doing the right
things - and I'm getting around to hooking it up so that I can
"download" some firmware using the emulated serial port (in fact, I'm
going to be cheating and encapsulating the data in a message rather than
manipulating the data lines on such a low level).

Also, it's not running particularly fast at the moment because
optimisation is the last thing on my mind... :-)

I look forward to seeing the JALss RCX when it's up and running! The GUI
certainly looks impressive.

Dave Edwards.