 Robotics / 18970
RE: RCX simulator ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 21:09:30 GMT

Wow - can you imagine if the simulator could be hooked up with MLCad and
LDraw?  Then you could build a robot with a complex structure, program it,
and have it run around a virtual world, all rendered with POV-Ray!  Man, who
need reality after that?

  -- Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Stef Mientki
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 1:22 PM
To: lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: RCX simulator ?

hi Andy,

Andy Gombos wrote:
> It can be more work than you think.  I created Simlink
> (http://simlink.sourceforge.net) for leJOS,

looks impressive!
I'm thinking about a very look-alike simulator, but then based on the
firmware 2.0, so it can run NQC programs.

  and having a codebase to use was
> essential.

What do you mean by a "codebase" ?

  If you choose to show robot actions as well as what the RCX
> displays, and motor state and such,

Yes that's quiet what I'm thinking of.

> I can help you out.  There are several
> robot simulator frameworks, ready to be controlled by an implementation.

If you could give me some links, I would be very pleased.

best regards,
Stef Mientki