 Robotics / 19001
Re: RCX simulator ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 19:30:40 GMT

In article <H2Hr1v.56C@lugnet.com>, Stef Mientki <s.mientki@ids.kun.nl>
wrote:

I see your simulator every half year, searching the web for one.
But maybe I'm very stupid, everytime I download the sources (all there
is) and then I don't know what to do with them (my computer doesn't know
either). Because I've a computer-type that has about 80% of the home
market, I'm probably not the only one having this problem ;-)

Can I do anything with these files on a M$-computer ?

You should be able to compile and run the files on a Windows computer.
Even though Micrsoft would like to kill Java, Sun keeps shipping Windows
tools and runtime environments for Windows.

I wrote the simulator in Java specifically so it wouldn't matter what
operating system people want to use.

Keep in mind that it is all source code, which means you'll first have
to build the simulator.  You'll also probably need to write your own
interface since the only thing I supply is minimal interface I use for
testing the simulator.

If I could use your core or your code it would be great.
But maybe our computer brands are too different to join efforts ??

If you want to extend the simulator you should probably do so in Java.
You could use another language (assuming that it has the ability to call
and be called from Java), but that would probably defeat the goal of
trying to make the whole thing portable.

Dave