 Robotics / 18555
RE: Spybotics vs Cricket
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 18:53:19 GMT

John wrote:

It has the obvious 2 sensor inputs (1 touch and 1 light).  But it also has 3
IR sensors (2 at the front angled outward and 1 at the rear facing straight
back).  These allow the Spybot to not only sense IR but tell where it is
coming from with fairly impressive accuracy.  This array of sensors can be
read via program control as well.

John,

I think you may be confused about the IR detectors. There are only
two and they are facing forwards. The 2 white parts facing forward
and the white part facing backwards are low power IR emitters....

Cheers, Ralph