 Robotics / 18604
RE: LEGO Purism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 01:57:13 GMT

If you were a Lego purist, you'd be using the programming software which was
supplied in the RIS kits.

This one is interesting. By using the firmware in the brick in a new
and interesting way, are we exploiting the power of LEGO? Or are
we filing the studs off a 2x4 to make a tile brick?

It all depends on your point of view. I see the RCX as a collection
of software routines, and processor hardware that I can reconfigure
to suit my needs. After all, that's what the general purpose micro
was supposed to do when Intel developed the 4004.

If you see the RCX as a monolithic brick, then stick with the RIS software.

Cheers, Ralph

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth>

Buy "Extreme Mindstorms: an Advanced Guide to Lego Mindstorms"
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1893115844/hempeldesigngrou>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com