 Robotics / 18577
Re: Spybotics vs Cricket
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 18:57:11 GMT

> The Handy Cricket board costs $60.  No motors, sensors, or other
> robot/vehicle building supplies.  The Spybot set costs $60.  You get 2
> motors, 2 sensors, IR transmit/receive, LEDs, and around 200 parts for
> building robots.  Plus you get a very cool software package for playing
> games right out of the box.  And within days you get NQC, BricxCC,
> MindScript, and LASM programming support.
>
> To me its a no-brainer.  Buy the Spybots.  I'm saving up for 3 more.

Me too.  My son *finally* had his birthday so I could give him the
Gigamesh I got from S@H (for some reason my wife prohibited me from
opening his present before his birthday).

Props to anybody who figures out how to get two spybots to talk to
each other over the visible optical link.  *Mad* props to anybody who
makes a loop network (ala the Clarkson Loop from my Master's thesis)
out of three or more spybots.

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com |  New Internet Acronym:
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok |