 Robotics / 18649
Re: Spybotics vs Cricket
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 04:50:18 GMT

Paul Andrews writes:
> In lugnet.robotics, Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com> writes:
> *Mad* props to anybody who
> >makes a loop network (ala the Clarkson Loop from my Master's thesis)
> >out of three or more spybots.
>
> Err. What's a Clarkson Loop?

Sigh.  I guess I have to dig out those old Northstar disks with my
Master's thesis and get my IMSAI working, copy it off, and put it on
the web.  It was a current-loop networking system.  Only ran at
9600bps, but given the speed of the computers at the time it wasn't so
very horrible.  Basically it was a store and forward packet networking
system.  Very much like what you could do by hooking two, three, or
more spybots together.

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com |
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | businesses persuade