 Robotics / Spybotics / 31
Re: Spybotics vs Cricket
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 19:32:58 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.spybotics, Ralph Hempel writes:
John,

I think you may be confused about the IR detectors. There are only
two and they are facing forwards. The 2 white parts facing forward
and the white part facing backwards are low power IR emitters....

I may definitely be confused.  I was looking at the Spybot.h header recently
and saw this:

const iDirection = 4 //world & target (R/O)
const cLeft = 0 //world[nBot,iDirection] & target[iDirection] values
const cLeftOfCentre = 1 //here zone only
const cCentre = 2
const cRightOfCentre = 3 //here zone only
const cRight = 4

const iAspect = 5 //world & target (R/O)
const cFrontLeft = 0 //world[nBot,iAspect] & target[iAspect] values
const cFront = 1
const cFrontRight = 2
const cBackRight = 3
const cBack = 4
const cBackLeft = 5

For some reason I began thinking that the iAspect index would tell you if
the IR was coming from the front or the back (which is why I wrongly thought
that the emitter was a detector).  Which leaves me puzzled regarding the
iAspect index.

So the Spybot brick has 3 IR emitters and 2 IR detectors - not the other way
around.

I definitely want to get my hands on Spybot documentation ala the RIS & RDS
SDKs.

John Hansen