 Robotics / 18627
Re: LEGO Purism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 15:30:45 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Paul Andrews writes:
In lugnet.robotics, "The Gaff" <the_gaff@hotmail.com> writes:
In my sick and twisted mind, it is desirable to work within the
constraints of a known system

I too like working within the existing constraints. It makes you creative.
Still. I'd kill for a stall sensor.

First of all, to Gaff:  I also think it is desirable to work within the LEGO
system, and I don't consider my mind 'sick and twisted'.

Well, maybe a *little* twisted!  <grin>

To Paul:  Try running a wire from the RCX power output, to your motor, and
also to an RCX sensor input.  I think you can measure the power draw on the
motor, if it goes too high you can guess that it has stalled.

RCXs are cool...  :-)

JohnG, GMLTC