 Robotics / 14587
Re: Cheshire LEGOFest pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 11:54:37 GMT

Steve Baker wrote:

Well, not exactly - the RCX has a computer inside!

True, but this one can have a computer of any sort on the outside, as it
were. Depending on your application either one could be more useful -
personally, being a distributed type of person who builds smallish scale
models with a large emphasis on appearance, the RCX is too bulky and I'd
rather move the computing power elsewhere.

I personally think there is a lot of room for both approaches, indeed
I've often heard people on this group talk about having their PC
communicate with the RCX, with the PC doing much of the computing work,
so there is obviously a demand.

Jennifer Clark