 Robotics / 14585
Re: Cheshire LEGOFest pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 10:28:33 GMT

Jennifer Clark wrote:

In lugnet.loc.uk, Gaurav Thakur writes:

Wow...that seems really impressive! I think 8 channels would make it a
radio-based equivalent of the dacta robolab console. I would love to get
hold of one of these units...as ROSCO said, how much are they going to cost?

It gets better - in my haste yesterday I forgot to mention one of the most
important features of the transmitter unit; it has an RS232 port to allow
connection to your computer, which can then control the motors over the air
interface.

Now if it had a reverse path to send sensor data back to the computer, you'd
*really* have something.  Without some way to read back sensors though, the
ability to control motors using the computer is a LOT less useful than you
might think.

--
Steve Baker   HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>
              WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>