 Robotics / 14582
Re: Cheshire LEGOFest pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 04:27:47 GMT

WHERE CAN I CONTACT JOHN for the radio control ??
Mac

----- Original Message -----
From: Ross Crawford <rcrawford@csi.com>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 4:23 AM
Subject: Re: Cheshire LEGOFest pictures

8 radio channels!! yippee!! Beats the RCX to a pulp!!

When will these be available, John? And how much? Will you have bulk
sales???!!!!????!!!! 8?)

ROSCO

Jennifer Clark <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote in message
Michael Edwards wrote:

Ok, here is the scoop; it is the control box and transmitter for a radio
control system custom built by John Barnes, a frequent poster on
lugnet.robotics, which he sent to me just after Christmas. It really • makes
big difference to models for sure - no more umbilicals!

Here are some specs; I am not entirely familiar with the inner workings, • but
am sure John would be happy to help here:

- Radio control (not infra red) - appears to have a large range, does • not
need
line of sight like IR so can go through walls etc.

- 8 channels, so up to 8 motors or other 9V devices can be controlled
independently. Two of the channels are "heavy duty" ones which can drive
multiple motors simultaneously.

- The receiver has dimensions of 8x4x2.66, very similar to the small • black
9V
battery box. Eight standard 2x2 lego connectors fit directly on the top • of
the
box. In the truck model this receiver is "disguised" as a diesel tank.