 Local / United Kingdom / 5943
Re: Cheshire LEGOFest pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 01:07:01 GMT

Lego Mad Steve <SteveRobLane@aol.com> wrote in message
news:G9r2ny.24y@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.loc.uk, Ross Crawford writes:

Hmmm. Couldn't see any pneumatics, but I, too, am interested in the IR
controller, and what you used for the receiver. Jen???

If you took a close look you could see that drive was provided by a geared
motor under the cab. Raise/lower was powered by a geared motor in the • right
side pod. Skip forward back was by micro motor at the end of the arm.
Tip/offload selector mechanism was controlled by another micromotor at the
base of the arm. I couldn't see what powered the steering but presume
another micro motor was buried in the chassis. The receiver was in the • left
sidepod and the batteries where in the cab. Jen didnt use pneumatics • because
she wanted complete remote control operation and unfortunately lego • doesn't
make electro pneumatic valves, which makes reversing the motion using
pneumatics v.difficult.

Yeah, I'd pretty much figured all that out, but I don't recognise the IR
controller, and it doesn't look like Lego. Just wondering what it is.

ROSCO