 Local / United Kingdom / 5942
Re: Cheshire LEGOFest pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 00:28:46 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Ross Crawford writes:

Hmmm. Couldn't see any pneumatics, but I, too, am interested in the IR
controller, and what you used for the receiver. Jen???

If you took a close look you could see that drive was provided by a geared
motor under the cab. Raise/lower was powered by a geared motor in the right
side pod. Skip forward back was by micro motor at the end of the arm.
Tip/offload selector mechanism was controlled by another micromotor at the
base of the arm. I couldn't see what powered the steering but presume
another micro motor was buried in the chassis. The receiver was in the left
sidepod and the batteries where in the cab. Jen didnt use pneumatics because
she wanted complete remote control operation and unfortunately lego doesn't
make electro pneumatic valves, which makes reversing the motion using
pneumatics v.difficult.

Steve Lane