 Robotics / 13905
Re: Microsoft and LEGO Company Announce a Shared Dream
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 23:31:28 GMT

*lol*  !!!!!
laughed myself silly! great joke!

What should we expect from this?

- Current RCX switching on will become a boot procedure lasting at least 2
minutes.
- Same for switching off.
- Attaching sensors and motors will require at least one reboot. This until
a new plug&play version will be out, able to properly recognize (sometimes )
the sensors. When it fails, and will do, we'll have to manually install the
sensor drivers, being sure to download the latest sensor drivers from the M$
site.
- New RCX will have a larger display to display error messages, and 6 new
buttons marked Abort, Retry, Ignore and Ctr,Alt,Del.
- Every 15 days M$ will release a new patch - sorry I meant Service Pack -
that will make the system malfunctions more complex and will introduce some
new ones.
- To get your RCX communicate with other RCXs we'll have to buy the Server
version of the software, and a Client license for every connected RCX.
- Software upgrades won't be free anymore.

Just joking.
I hope :-)

Ciao
Mario