 General / 26363
Re: Microsoft and LEGO Company Announce a Shared Doom
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 12:59:18 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.general, Jeff Johnston writes:
What this press release boils down to is:

2) LEGO licensed the ability to use Windows Media for the Studios sets.
* Weren't people asking for more options than just .mpg?

Feh.  Windows Media is M$ bogo-format.

We want real standards.

Can't blame for that. Maybe it'll actually allow you to save in other than the
small size for easier translation.

3) LEGO writes games for the Xbox.

Xbox is M$.  Ptui.

Didn't say it was a good thing, just translating 'press release speak'.

* BFD, as far as I'm concerned.  There's no mention of it being an
exclusive deal either, so they will in all probability continue to write
it for home computers as well.  They may even write for other platforms
like the PS2.

And MacOS and Linux?

Well, it's not like they support them much now, or (as far as I've ever heard)
have ever had serious plans to support them, so I can't really say that this
*changes* much.  Which was my entire point, really.