 Publishing / 1770
Re: Website
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 14:40:01 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Ben Vaughan writes:
I guess my question is: What app are most folks using?
I'd want to address the widest audience possible.

I'm not sure if I follow.

You can't do much from the server end to optimize this.  The user selects
which app to associate to the different mime-types.  All the server has to do
is to declare what mime-type a file is, and the browser launches the user's
(hopefully) favorite app based upon that mime-type, depending upon which app
the user has associated with it.

Cheers,
- jsproat