 Publishing / 1769
Re: Website
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 14:34:23 GMT

[I shoulda trimmed .publish and .build.mecha, and XFUT to .cad, but I
didn't.  Oh, well]

In lugnet.build.mecha, Ben Vaughan wrote:

So...would it be better to map .dat to ldraw.exe or ldlite, or l3lab.exe or
mlcad?
What about mpd files?

I've tried just about every option, both for Windows file-type
association, and the MIME-type association.  At various times, I've used
LDLite, LDraw, MLCad, and L3Lab for viewing DAT-content from the
browser.  Right now, I like L3Lab the best.  It does the best job of
handling all files, from any source.  And the interactive viewing
options (mouse-based rotating, single-click viewpoint changes, etc) are
the current tops.

But I also:
1. Make sure to set up all LDraw-renderers in LDAO.
2. Add specific 'Actions' to the DAT and MPD file-types in Explorer, so
I can right-click a file and launch it into just about anything.

Steve