 People / 759
Re: Bargain buying (was: New support group: Lego Anonymous)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 21:41:54 GMT

Well, i walked around the store and decided that I really didn't need both of
them. At that point, I didn't 'need' either - they were going to be part of a
trade, but I substituted other sets.

So I told the clerk to call the lady and tell her she could have one. I took
the other home. I felt good. So then they gave me the clearance discount on
that set, even though it wasn't on clearance.

They told me the lady's name was Sophia, and I have no idea who she is. (I
thought it might have been Maggie C.)

My answer: Don't feel guilty, but good karma is always helpful.

Last fall Dan and I were going to ZB to get our very first train.  we showed up,
picked up the last 4559 and went to the counter all dancing with excitement.
Just as we were about to pay, i hear a little boy say to one of the floor clerks
"excuse me, but do you know what happened to that train set that was right
there" as he pointed to the large empty shelf.  the clerk explained that it had
to have been sold or something... so disappointed the child turned to his father
with such a look it broke my heart... this kid obviously had done something good
in order to get this big of a set.

I got out of line, walked over to the father and son, and said "pardon me, were
you looking for this set?"  his eyes lit up and then he looked at me quizically
as if to say 'but what are you doing with it?'  I told him it was ok, that I was
just about to put it back anyway.

So dan and I went down the block to a TRU to hope they had some 4559s.... sure
enough, they did, plus they were having a "if you buy this much get this set
free!" thing... and so i got the 4559 and this little racer thing ($7 set or so)
for the same price... and ever since, that little set has been called my karma
lego.

:)