 People / 751
Re: New support group: Lego Anonymous (Was: Re: $300 on Lego in the last 3 days???)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 18:39:04 GMT

In lugnet.people, Jamie Obrien writes:
You know, my shrink (she is so WIERD!!!) reckons that their are
support groups for Lego Collectors in the US! Als that Compulsive Lego
Collection (Not necessarily building) used to be a problem.
Considering how much i've put on Layb/Lay-away over the last 2 weeks
or so, i'm gonna drown in plastic.

Jamie
<Therapy with Lego is GREEAAAAAT>

Exactly ---

I mean after filing away my new sets into my storage systems I was unable
to get the motivation to start building something new.  I started on
something and quickly got frustrated.

So I'm fairly content in just looking at the thousands of cool pieces
all neatly sorted and stored.

Well it's like an artistic mechanical design thing -- just got to have
the right mood to create something cool.  I think I'm ok for now on
buying more pieces or sets. (to me sets=pieces).

Some ideas of things I want to build include doing a minifig scale
A-10 WartHog combat jet.  hmmm....

Well the good news is that Lego collecting will not affect my ability
to pay the mortgage.  why?  Simple.  I need someplace to store and
build with them!

- Marc
http://www.netpresonic.com/lego/