 People / 757
Re: Bargain buying (was: New support group: Lego Anonymous)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 21:23:51 GMT

Anne, I can sympathize with your dilemma. This past weekend I went to a Zany
Brainy to pick up 2 7171s that had been transferred to the store for me. The
clerk said that a lady had been in and was distrought that both were on
reserve, as she wanted one for her kid.

Well, i walked around the store and decided that I really didn't need both of
them. At that point, I didn't 'need' either - they were going to be part of a
trade, but I substituted other sets.

So I told the clerk to call the lady and tell her she could have one. I took
the other home. I felt good. So then they gave me the clearance discount on
that set, even though it wasn't on clearance.

They told me the lady's name was Sophia, and I have no idea who she is. (I
thought it might have been Maggie C.)

My answer: Don't feel guilty, but good karma is always helpful.

Paul Sinasohn