 People / 2552
Re: Apology for Jesse Long
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 11:22:15 GMT

Jesse Alan Long wrote:

Maybe it is time to overthrow the dictatorship.  People who have attitudes
as yourself seem to justify the cliques and gangs that you form in life.

Having rules to live with has nothing to do with being a dictatorship.

Maybe they are your OWN best interests at heart and not my best interests at
heart on Lugnet, Matt.  How dare you try to control my life!  This behavior
I can expect in Cuba but not in the Uncle Sam world of the United States of
America.

In the borders of your uncle's country, I'm sure you must obey some
rules , too. And In the boundaries of Lugnet, which is a private
property literally, you must obey both your uncle's rules, and some
others specific to this community. And every community has their rules
to live with. You of course right about the wrongness of controlling
most aspects of your life (they are already under control by some other
forces most probably, as in lives of all of us), but we have every right
to control your actions in the boundaries of Lugnet in some extend
(which is nothing but the TOS and common sense), and force you to obey
the rules of here. I'm not the Lugnet Police, but I have every right to
be annoyed from your actions and to warn you about them, complaining
about them and so on.

I never wanted to fit in at school and people respected me because I had my
unique style and that I did not back down from any person in school.  I
tried to be fair as I possibly could and I believe that nettiquette, as with
etiquette, is meant to make people feel inferior to other people and is
useless, trival, banal, and above all, hurtful to other people.  Whatever
happened to just plain and simple respect of other people?

If you don't want to fit in, just don't, I don't care. As I said before,
I have every right to complain about your actions here in lugnet, but
also you have all the right to not care my (and others) complaining. Do
it in boundaries of Lugnet TOS, by the way, since the owners of this
property (i.e. lugnet.com) might not be happy about TOS violations, as
in your explicit sentence below.

Your opinions about etiquette and etiquette are very sad I think. Be a
misfit if you want, but do not complain when you get s**t when all the
thing you gave is nothing but s**t.

Selçuk

A good example is that I never started a sentence with, "You sorry son of a
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!"  That sort of sentence is
incredibly rude and also it is not my typical sort of behavior on Lugnet.
Any Joe Shmoe can construct a string of words in that manner, just watch
South Park or Jerry Springer so I can prove my point.  I have, however, seen
some people such as Tim Courtney say a few choice words to me in responses
to my posts on Lugnet and through e-mail messages.  Does that prove to a
point why I am still somewhat hostile to some people on Lugnet?  I am
capable of kindness, just read the post about Larry Pienizaek on
lugnet.trains if you do not believe me.

Maybe I should make fun of you, would that be a good idea, Matt?  Should I
make you appear to be a total dolt as you have with me, Matt?  Should I use
some of those words that Tim used at me to you, Matt?

I am different, you do not like different, you like plain, normal, boring,
bland, and divisive dictatorships.  I grew up and fought for my entire life
against bullies, abusive older siblings, and even my parents on occasion.  I
am not afraid of anyone and I do not expect to be afraid of anyone, Matt.  I
fight injustice, I fight stupidity while you seem to be fighting for it
because you seem to make fun of me.  How mature do you want me to become
when you act like a moron yourself, Matt?  I see this as the pot calling the
kettle black but the pot justifying that cause and calling itself coal.  The
pot and kettle are both black but the pot refuses to admit that it is black.
Maybe if you realize how you act in real life determines your life, you can
understand this message.

I am this way on the computer as well as off the computer and if you do not
like the fact that I refuse to become a hypocrite, let your own self suffer
in your life.