 People / 2514
Re: Apology for Jesse Long
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 17:52:21 GMT

In lugnet.people, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.people, Geordan Hankinson writes:
Ribbing! HA! example: "My family thinks this too
Tim, but I'd rather not talk about my father, my drug-addicted sister, my
alcoholic brother, my rude mother, my stupid uncle Joe, and my demonic aunt
Susan. "

That is more like stabbing

Ummm...Geordan, you are obviously not reading the all of the posts, all of
my post here, or follow-up posts properly.

JESSE WROTE ALL OF THAT! Get it now? Jesse himself brings up things like
that, in simple posts to .space. He uses off-hand remarks about how horrible
his life is to justify any post where he is pegged for not making sense, or
rambling on, or whatever. WE DON'T GIVE A CRAP!

There is no real excuse for the posts he has made which frustrate or anger
others, because we couldn't care less who he is, where he comes from, or
what is in his past. All that we care about is how he communicates with us,
and that is extermely poorly. That's how LUGNET works...we don't care who
you are, or what has happened to you, as long as you communicate about your
hobby well. Doesn't that sound nice?

Now, I'm not saying that we don't have a care for the trials and
tribulations of anothers life, and it sounds like Jesse may have had a doozy
so far, but that does not excuse him for anything here. LUGNET is a fresh
start for anyone who wishes it. But it is also a place to primarily talk
about LEGO. If Jesse would like to talk about his family, school and life
problems, he would do much better starting a new thread in .people about it,
and see who will offer him the support he seems to want. But it is
continually inappropriate in .space, etc.

It is also up to him to accept the occasional
frazzled reply to his current posting style, or decide to change how he
interacts with others here to get the responses he desires. It's just that
simple.

Point well taken Matt, but that isn't really my point,

Granted, Jesse has a number of things that he can change, ex. posting the
same thing over and over. But I am 99% percent sure, after speaking with him
through e-mail for about a week, that alot of the behaviour he demonstrates
is normal for him and that's just how he is and nothings changing that. I'm
assuming that our view of "abnormal" grammer and word positioning is in his
view would be what he would consider "normal." I really think that Jesse
would change the way he writes, if he could.

My first post was not talking about me getting upset about people
disagreeing or arguing with him, I was geting ticked off because people were
making fun of the way he posts and his word placage (not a word, oh well)

I don't care about the whole argument and disagreeing in the "wings" thread,
what I'm talking about is people ridiculing him in off-topic.fun for the way
he writes and the way he conveys himself. I'm not mad at people that
directly disagree with him and then spout some words of frustration, I'm mad
at the AFOLS who make fun of him just because of his posting style.
Generally this is caused because he annoyed them in a earlier thread, but if
you're mad at him tell him in a contained way in the original thread, don't
take it to .fun and start making fun of him.

I think that the way he sees written material etc. is normal for him, but
abnormal for us and I think that some of us should just get used to it cuz
that's just who Jesse is and there ain't nothin stopping that. So go ahead
and get mad at him for his opinion, that's not my beef. Just please don't
take it to .fun and start making fun of him. Getting into heated discussions
like the "wings" thread, is just what you have to deal with, but you
shouldn't have to deal with people ridiculing you calling your parents
drunks etc. for a condition you have.

See above. Jesse has reaped as he has sown.

Matt

If you do not care for other people, other people will not care for you and
since you seem to be a cabal of people who are insensitive jerks, how CAN
you feel anything in life?

I never went to Lugnet to talk about myself.  If I wanted to talk about
myself, I would have accomplished one of two tasks on my computer.  The
first task would be to ask whoever wants to help me out in my life to please
help me in my life.  The second, and more obvious task would be to take this
discussion off of Lugnet.

I came to talk about LEGO sets, LEGO creations, and LEGO ideas, and NOT to
be ridiculed and backed into a corner by a group of heartless creeps who
think because there is one degree of difference in Lugnet that they should
punish this insolent infidel for violating the sacred laws of the LEGO brick.

Who made YOU God?  Have you created a planet lately?  Do you know how a sun
operates, let alone a solar system?  Do you know the prescise location of
every tree on the planet Earth?  Then quit attributing the same attitude to
me on Lugnet, Mladen and other people who have a problem with me.

Jesse Long