 People / 2515
Re: Apology for Jesse Long
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 18:01:25 GMT

In lugnet.people, Tom Inosanto writes:
**Note** I have censored Jesse's post with "@@@"'s to cover the offensive
words..

In lugnet.people, Jesse Alan Long writes:
<snip>
A good example is that I never started a sentence with, "You sorry son of a
b@@@@, go@@@@@, mother fu@@@@@ a@@@@@e!"  That sort of sentence is
incredibly rude and also it is not my typical sort of behavior on Lugnet.

As well is NOT ALLOWED on Lugnet, this is uncaled fo at any response, and I
am offended that you choose to have your war on these boards. See below...

I decided to let that slide in the context it was said...but you are
correct, Tom.

<snip>

Jessie, Matt and whoever is dragging this out - Keep in mind you are on a
public board - you really need to take this war to private e-mail. Tim had
the right idea about mailing you, Tim undersatnds this stuff does not belong
on these boards. I, as I would assume others are tired of reading this war,
so I ask you to take it to email, where it belongs! You should be banned for
using the language you have decided to use, as it is a direct violation of
the TOS here on Lugnet. Ad if you have any quams, email me!

E-mail, too, has failed...sadly.  I've been privvy to some of the mail, and
it hasn't worked any better than words here.

But Tom, this IS a public board, and only Jesse has chosen to respond to
this particular thread in these ways. The rest is acceptable, especially in
.people. This isn't (well, WASN'T) a flame war. It was never intended to be
(and I said so previously, to Geordan).

My failing here is that I have allowed myself to be goaded into trying to
keep some lines of communication open on this subject...that's completely my
fault...but what I have written seems to have fallen on deaf ears...as have
the words of everyone else. That's too bad...there have been some good,
salient points made. Oh well...

Matt