 People / 1351
Re: Moving away / Losing interest in Lego :(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.western
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 17:28:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, Sergio Guerra writes:
Hi Lugnet users,

I am moving next week and...
--==Sergio==--

DO NOT SELL!
DO NOT SELL!

I was in your *EXACT* situation when I was 15. I had collected for a few years
(this was 1983, so I had a nice bit of classic space) but had stopped playing
with them about a year before the move. I packed them up and sold them to a
local toy store for around $75 total. After I came out of my dark ages (~15
years later) I've spent a great deal of time, heartache and a *hell* of a lot
more than $75 dollars replacing my alpha-1 rocket base, space supply station,
etc etc etc etc.
Whatever little amount of money you get for them will *never* be worth what
you'll regret if you want them back later. Pack them up for now, take them with
you. If you still don't want them in 10 years you might review the idea of
selling again.
I remember my mom trying to talk me out of it, thinking it was a big mistake
since Lego had been my *life* as a child. She later said she wishes she had
given me the $75 and kept them herself just to keep me from the heartache years
later.