Re: When the world was young - thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 02:45:48 GMT

In article <HEFKCr.1wLG@lugnet.com>, Jonathan Dallas wrote:
I could go for a two day brikwars event.  How about we say the 31st and if
we want to do a second day then June 1st as well.  Does this work for the
rest of you?

I dunno - Aren't we all busy with the courthouse show on the 1st?

I would also like to revamp some of my troops to correct a few mistakes I
made.  Since most of us wanted to use the same armies, I propose that we
keep the same number of troops and only allow changes to the troop's levels
(skill, move, AV, pwr, SP).  We could also stated that the total CP spent on
the troop can not be increased, but I'm not sure that is really necessary
since we have a 50cp cap.  I'd be willing to bend things a little for Shaun
and let him create a new army, as long as it is within the 2000cp limit.

While I'll be willing to allow Shaun to retool his army (since he'd just
get slautered again), for the _same_ game, I'd like the units to stay
the same. Just the strategies can be adjusted.

Another item that was brought up, Cavarly units.  I scored them separately
not as a unit so my cavalry units are greater than 50cp.  I have a solution
for this as well.  Since I'd rather not reduce then to 50cp I'm will to have
them start the game dismounted and spend one turn mounting their horses.
Those who have combined cavarly under the 50cp can start mounted.

I believe we took special care to avoid combined units that totaled
more than 50CP. But I guess it's not expressly prohibitied. If we do
a retooled game, I'd like us to say the caps are hard caps, and not
just suggestions. And I'd suggest that the cap applies for combined
units as well.

Dan