Re: Syracue GATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 17:22:24 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Ed McGlynn writes:
In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Ed McGlynn writes:
In lugnet.org.us.lucny, John Rudy writes:
Hey Ed!

Any updates on this?  Have you spoken with them yet?  What did they say?
Can you tell I'm excited?

-John Rudy

I submitted a request for a small amount of space at the show, and received
a written confirmation that the request was on hold.  I will hear back from
them no sooner than 30 out from the show, as they consider all entries for
space and guarantee requirements.  Standard stuff for GATS.

I asked for a $75 guarantee to try and strengthen the LTC clout that should
aready be established with GATS.  That's not a high number, and represents
only $25 over what we'd minimally qualify for if we entered as a contest
layout.  We need to establish some materials for these shows like table
skirts, crowd control, etc. and I think that's a fair amount for a club with
our experience.  GATS can afford that given the attendance of similar club
layouts in the past, I'd say.

Anyway, I'll hear back from them by the end of the week, I'd expect, and
we'll see what transpires!

Ed

WooHoo!  Just received word from my wife back home that we're confirmed to
appear at Syracuse GATS on 1/12 and 1/13.  They accepted our guarantee
proposal, so that means we may need a LUCNY treasurer to take care of these
things for now and into the future.

Looking forward to our first official show, guys!  I'll get more updates
posted and sent via eMail as necessary over the next week or so.

HTH,
Ed

I have some more specifics on the SYR GATS show:

Dates:
January 11th and 12th, 2003

Location:
Convention Center at OnCenter
Exhibit Hall
800 South State Street
Syracuse, New York
Times:
Friday    Setup from 3:00pm - 9:00pm.
Saturday  Setup from 7:00am - 9:30am.
          Show opens to the public from 11:00am - 5:00pm.
          LUCNY leaves at 5:05pm.
Sunday    LUCNY re-admitted no sooner than 10:00am.
          Show opens to the public from 11:00am - 5:00pm.
          LUCNY moves out 5:05pm - 9:00pm.

Notes:
LUCNY will receive 5 table covers to apply to the layout during non-public
hours.
We have a minimum of 5 passes, and a maximum of 10.  I can be pestered for
details on this if needed, because I'll be sure to pester GATS...
The layout will be secured each night at closing - take any personal stuff with
you.  GATS will lock up and provide security each night.
The LUCNY layout will remain up until precisely 5:00pm Sunday, or we won't get
invited to future shows.
Parking is available at nearby lots - the closes being across State street in
the ramp.  I'd guess it's no more than $5/day, but that's a guess.
I'm told that there's no access to the lading docks at the rear of the
facility, so it's best that we cart our stuff through the front/main entrance.
I'll bring a hand cart to help things along.
Show details are located at
http://www.greatamericantrainshow.com/maps/SYR01-03/SYRTInfo/SYR01-03InternetCopy.htm
Please eMail me if you have any questions.  I'll coordinate who will bring what
and post at least a summary here.  Specifics may be best handled through eMail
from this point onward.

See everyone there!  WooHoo!
Ed