Re: Roberson Toy Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 03:07:44 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Ed McGlynn writes:
Kevin brought forth the fact that there's a GATS in Syracuse that same
weekend.  I'm going to start the application process for that show with
about 6 tables, and a preliminary layout sketch.  I think that would go
smoother than Roberson at this point.

God, I guess I just stopped listening to Kevin...
Sorry, Just kidding hehehe

I think GATS in January would be OK, OK?

Ed

Ed, by all means, that sound much better.
But, let's keep this ball rolling...
The GATS site at:
http://www.greatamericantrainshow.com/exhibitor/2003/layout/index.htm
States that a 30 day period before the show is the deadline for entry,
therefore, we must figure this all out by...

Gadzooks!  Next Wednesday...

I'll start counting my straights tomorrow after school...all right, I'll
count tonight and post in the morning if I have time...

And, without further ado, I'd like to just give you a glimpse of my
offerings for the show...

Following are pics from my November Layout in Fabius...

My Favorite, A scene from Nightmare Before Christmas:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TJJohn12/Nov02layout/mvc-012f.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TJJohn12/Nov02layout/mvc-013f.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TJJohn12/Nov02layout/mvc-014f.jpg

And the less sinister Santa:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TJJohn12/Nov02layout/mvc-016f.jpg

Yet another sign of the season...A Salvation Army Band and Kettle:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TJJohn12/Nov02layout/mvc-015f.jpg

Kevin, a fast food joint just for you...An A&W Root Beer Stand:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TJJohn12/Nov02layout/mvc-011f.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TJJohn12/Nov02layout/mvc-017f.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TJJohn12/Nov02layout/mvc-018f.jpg

Fictional characters (Scrooge and Marley) amid some shoppers:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TJJohn12/Nov02layout/mvc-010f.jpg

Last Minute Decorating:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TJJohn12/Nov02layout/mvc-009f.jpg

Two Friends sharing their fire:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TJJohn12/Nov02layout/mvc-019f.jpg

I found that a listing of some of the cuter things in the layout (a seek and
find, if you will) kept people around longer, as well as coming back.

This is where I may come in handy...I'm good with the cutesy details (and
also the grim ones...once the folder is moderated, notice the hearse driving
through town)

I've also got Town hall, as well as my Victorian Haunted House.

TD Layouts are great, but let's not set ourselves too much in stone
here...We'll just use them to show the GATS people BASICALLY what we'll
have.  The best way I found to run my layout was on the fly...I moved and
built several buildings during the show (Including A&W thanks to the Walmart
Bucket Sale) which not only entertained, but allowed for my entertainment.

Nate, Glad to see you can come...Nicole, not so great you can't...
Is Duane OK?  What's wrong?

Kevin, actually, we haven't heard from you yet...Still buried out there in
Vernon in ALL that snow?  Wake up!

Hope everyone is well and not TOO snowed in...
-John "Wow, I wrote a dissertation" Rudy