Re: Roberson Toy Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 19:27:47 GMT

Excuse my lack of posts and responses to this thread, Duane is in the hospital
and
his well being has been taking up my time.
--
Thanx~
Nicole Drumm MS

"Ed McGlynn" <ejmcglynn@netzero.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.org.us.lucny, James Trobaugh writes:
Are you sure they are talking about charging clubs for tables? Most shows
charge the vendors for tables but never the clubs. A don't think a club
should ever have to pay to be at a show since the clubs are what draw the
people to the show. I'm guessing that the fee is just for vendors.

jt

James -

I agree.  However, after speaking the the show's organizer, the verdict is • that
they charge for clubs and dealers equally in an effort to have the show act • as
a fund-raiser for the museum where it is held.  I attended this particular • show
with a single table some years ago, and that was fine to absorb the fee since • I
was not technically an LTC.  The same fund-rasing premise was in effect then • as
well, and I had no problem supporting a museum that I had attended since I • was
a child.

<snip>

I don't want to proceed without agreement from LUCNY, but I'd like to get • more
assertive with the organizer and stress this point or withdraw our
participation.  I remember taking to you about NGLTC's participation at a • local
GATS show a couple of years back, and I starting to convince myself to start
acting on the offensive as you guys have.
<snip>