 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 285
284  |  286
Subject:
Possible November 12 train show participation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 00:53:49 GMT

Well, I got to talk to Dick Sutcliffe on the phone, they are interested
in having us at the show, and he's sending over the papers for the train
shop (by mail to me, orpossibly by fax to Dean and Alex). There's a
cutoff date for entries of Sept 30th, so once we have the papers in hand
I propose an in-person meeting to hash out what we want to do, fill in
the forms, and send them back.

He was asking some interesting questions which we'll have to answer for
ourselves before we get there. Such as...

will this be hands-on or display-only
how big a layout?
viewable all 4 sides or one side only
how long to set up (I said half a day, which would mean us setting up
Sat afternoon to display on Sunday)
will we have our own tables or will we want to borrow some
do we want to be in the mainly kids area or the main hall (setting up
the day before we may have to be in the main hall anyway, as they don't
get access to teh kids hall until the Sun am)

How many tables do you have, Dean and Alex, and how big are they? How
high? I have a folding table which I think is lower than yours and might
make a good river valley at one end to put a bridge over. Do we want to
have ropes around the layout? A kids build/play/run separate train area?
How abot a Thomas the Tank model to run on the layout.

I built a kit prototype over the weekend - a school (2 full baseplates
in size) - which can go on the layout.

Kevin
Personal Lego Web page:
Open Air Market: Limited edition kit