 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 317
Re: Possible November 12 train show participation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 18:16:10 GMT

Kevin Wilson wrote:

If we need to create that Mindstorm's bridge controller (Two tracks into
one on bridge, back to two) I need to know soon so I can build it...

Yes indeed we do as soon as we know we're in the show. Even if we do the
long skinny layout we can still have the single track along the water
section, just straight instead of turning the corner. However, see Dan
Boger's posting in .trains called "Weekend work, gauntlet track" where
he's been doing teh same thing, mindstorms control of a single track
lead into by several loops.

Ya, something similar, but with only one RCX and using my custom sensors.

Mine would work like this.

Custom Light (Touch) sensor on both incoming tracks. One more on out going track.
(To tell when the train was done.)
Relays to switch the power for each train's chunk of track.

Some sort of switcher for the points at the end so that the trains end up back on
their proper tracks.

Then I can add lights into bricks for the signals by taping into the relays... A
bit of work but the crowd effect would be great...

Something like that...

Also, I want to build the 4565 Alternate design (The steam loco) Do you think
that would go over well?

Dean

--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html