 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 288
Re: Possible November 12 train show participation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 00:45:10 GMT

Wow, what a busy week!

Sorry I haven't jumped in on this thread.  If there is enough interest
(more than 3 or 4 people), I think it would be a lot of fun.
Unfortunately, I can't make it to a prospective Saturday meeting to
iron out some details.  A weeknight is always better for me.  We've
got a week to put together our ideas before the 30th.

I do think that it's crucial to get FIRM committments from persons
wishing to be involved (to whatever level) with this (or any) event
before the club commits to doing anything.  Members don't have to
commit to 100% or nothing.  If someone can contribute some track, but
can't help organize, or attend, fine.  Just commit to what you can do.
Some will obviously want to, and be able to do more.  Awesome!  It's
just important to know what our resources are.  Otherwise a few
diehards will get stuck doing something, and it will probably not be a
great experience for anyone involved, VLC'er, Train Club Organizer, or
Attendee.  Quality over quantity, right?

As for me unfortunately, there is a possibility that we will be out of
the city for the month of November (and perhaps longer).  However, I
will be available for whatever I can do before then, as the need
arises.

I did have a chance to visit my "auction stash" at my lego partner's
home this week, and a few things were decided.  More on that in a day
or two.  I did, however, get a chance to check a few boxes and zip
locks looking for monorail related stuff.  It looks as though I have
an 6399 airport shuttle, as well as several 6347 and 6921 accessory
packs.  I scrounged up some of it (I was only there briefly), and
garnered the following, which should enable us to build quite a large
monorail layout.  I think that there's more to be found.  Of course,
I've also still got my own Metroliner, with probably 30 or 40 extra
pieces of track, including a couple of switch tracks, and one cross
track.

Count / Part Description
    (Part number or LUGNet link)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 / Straight - Direction Changer
    (part number 2772 - no link)

23 / Straight Track - Long
    (part number 2671 - no link)

21 / Straight Track - Short
    (part number 2670 - no link)

4 / Straight Up slope
    (part number 2677 - no link)

4 / Straight Down slope
    (part number 2678 - no link)

2 / Switch Track - To Left
    (no part number)

2 / Switch Track - To Right
    (no part number)

4 / Curve - 1/2 Curve
    (2 x 2892L, 2 x 2891R

32 / Curve - Full Curve
    (part number 2672 - no link)

63 / Tall Track Support
    (http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/search.cgi?q=2681)

"Lots and Lots" / Flat Grey 1x4 connectors
    (part number ? - like you've never seen these before ...)

Set References:

6399 / Airport Shuttle
    (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6399)

6399 / Airport Shuttle Accessory Pack