 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 293
Re: Possible November 12 train show participation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 08:28:12 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Kevin Wilson writes:
I think we should size it by what we can fill, rather than the other way
around. Actually when you start throwing together monorail track, train
track AND a dock with boats, space gets eaten up rather fast.

Hmm, you're right.  I forgot about the water/dock parts.  :)  I've got 6542
Launch and Load Seaport!!  (If we need it)

I think we could use the idea that was suggested a while back, of a
castle on the water on the edge of town as a "historical district". We
could moor a pirate ship next to it as a historic ship. That would fit
very nicely.

One question: how big of a castle?

Honestly, I don't. There were very few real buildings on that layout, it
was terribly flat.  Having a lot of train track would make very
different though, because the buildings would be grouped into clumps and
that would look better. Separating teh actual Lego sets from my models
(two "clumps" at least) would be a good idea too, they don't have the
same proportions.

Hm, you're right again.  I don't know how many original Lego sets we should
include, if any!  I *think* we could come up with enough creations of our own,
don't you think?

We do need to scale the goal to fit our current abilities. But you know,
most of the clubs which have been doing exhibits, started much smaller
than what you see them doing now (leaving aside entirely the PNLTC world
record layout!). We don't have to produce a PNLTC or GMLTC-scale layout
for this.

Okay thanks for the pep talk.  I feel much better now.  :)

Would it be a good idea for somebody to come up with a list of "buildings"
that we should include?

Bryan