 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 997
Re: Train1 Equipment List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 17:56:19 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Tim Strutt writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets writes:

Hey, Tim...
I sure would love to meet you...especially with all the stuff being
posted on ParLUGment...Jude and the gang sound really cool...
plus you sound very similar to myself in that I have a "tight"
budget except when it comes to LEGO!! :)
....if you don't believe me, talk to Iain about it!!!

Benjamin Medinets

A man after my own heart. <grin>
I certainly hope I can get down and meet some more AFOL's, and a more
established LUG. I'd love to get into Mindstorms too, but that is just
out of the question where finances are concerned.

I have too many other things I want when it comes to lego to start and
worry about getting into Mindstorms...I seen a Droid Developer Kit in the
Walmart I went into ... didn't find out the cost either (sorry)

I just got into Trains a year ago in December, and I am hooked. Still
haven't got my greedy hands on a Metroliner yet, but I'm working on it.
It's great to know I'm not alone in my addictions though.

I've been into trains for just over 2 years, and only just "recently"
got mine (thanks to Uncle Sam & the IRS!!)

I see Iain has vouched for you and your 'budget'. <cough cough>

I read that post and nearly died (of laughter)....I also got a "hard copy"
(printed it out!!) of the post!!!

Anyways, gotta get back to work.
TTYL. Play well.

Tim Strutt   8^)

Look forward in seeing you....

PS - I am no longer in USA..."landed" in Windsor Monday Morning (around
1 AM)....drove from Ft. Campbell, Ky (through Kentucky....louisville....
then to Cincinnatti and the rest of Ohio, and through the eastern shore
of Michigan to the motor city (Detroit)....

...across the scenic Ambassador Bridge - spent 45 minutes at Customs
and Immigration - squaring away my paperwork...but all in all I made it
safe and sound