 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 996
Re: Train1 Equipment List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 16:15:52 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Richard Noeckel writes:

O.K. I totally understand and respect your position regarding the music in
the premises, thanks for clarifying.
Funny, although I'm simply reading your type on my monitor I distinctly feel
some degree of hostility…     ;)

It's not just a position, it's their rules-not to be hostile but that's just
the law of the land there.  Very clearly marked, we cannot be disurptive or
intrusive, and I'm not going to spend eight hours watching the stereo to
make sure it's not too loud or whatever.

                      I guess I simply have a tendency to question everything.

Which you should-there's a lot of rtlToronto issues that are left open to
discussion-what games, what competition rules, what rolling stock standards
etc.  Operations such as room rentals, etc usually aren't, because
inevitably, it's me or Chris who ends up signing for (and taking full
responsibility) and paying for them.

However, I suspect that this statement pertains to future endeavors? I
believe you implied that if I'm gonna question everything, I should at least
take some measure of responsibility and accountability. I'll try to
facilitate more next time when my qualms have grounds. Sorry for being so
query some in your project. I don’t want to steep on anyone’s toes, its your
clubhouse and i'm just happy to be involved!

Yes, future shows.  Someone suggested we might even try one of the toy shows
in the fall.  I suspect we won't be returning to Richview, for the sake that
it's too expensive.  I actually think we might try Lillian H Smith or the
new Eatonville branch.  But look into York University for us.  I found that
official bookings at Toronto were expensive ($250+) or difficult (ie,
required departmental cosponsorship).

Calum