 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 965
Re: Train1 Equipment List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 14:17:29 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes:

In brown, of course.  Without decals, though -- I don't like marking
up Lego pieces on a permanent basis...

Am I not the only one that's not crazy about the said new trains?  I am
awestruck by the number of variations and the enthusiasm by Lego, but some
how they don't look right to me on second viewing...

You are not alone. To many Europeans they look too "american" while to many
Americans, they look too "european". I find them cute, but not particularly
representative of anything in particular.

However I expect non train buffs to like them more than train buffs.
(witness, of course, the crazy fascination with Thomas the Tank Engine among
the mundane population)

++Lar