 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9112
Re: My RCX is HAUNTED
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 16:48:41 GMT

Ka-On Lee wrote:

That code was just not elegant, but then script code are a lot harder to read
than NQC.

DON'T GET ME STARTED on how hard C is to read.

if you do not know any language. C is just crazy (for the novice)

I still don't know what the hell this means:

x != x_target || y != y_target

AND I DON'T WANT TO !!!!

I think what's this is should read as  x <> xtarget and I cant even find a place on my keyboard
for the 2 vertical up down lines.

at least Script kind of reads like english!

I would applaud if those code were machine generated by another code
he wrote but they are not.  If the target pattern is changed from X to something
else he have to slowly change many lines.  My code only need to change two lines
for a new target pattern and it only used one 16 bit variable for pattern
status.

actually, I only wrote the first 8 nested if's. the remaining 7 were just copy, and pasted. all
I had to do was then go back and manually reset for the X.

the reason why this is OK, is because the game was a known outcome.  always solve for an X.  so
why make code to change for something else.

I will let you boys pick it apart while I drive down to Toronto...

I cant read it.  I'm sure its fine code.  you and rob really gave me a run for my money. if all
the robots, you had the only 1 RCX bot.  ( i think)  I thought that was cool

Chris
"It is a very clever strategy IMHO, and I applaud Chris for thinking of it."  K.C.