 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9089
Re: My RCX is HAUNTED
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:16:48 GMT

:)

ba hahhahahahaha

.Bruce....Within five minutes of the ProjectX
challenge being spawned in 2001, while you were still wondering how to fit 16
cells of data into limited RCX variables (Chris answer:  Avoid variables, just
use IF-THENs!) Bruce was already grinning and mumbling the word "bitmask" to
himself...so Bruce is okay...

as it turns out. Bruce was NOT ok.  !!in fact!! up until the last NIGHT
bruce THOUGHT he was OK.  but bruce dumped untested code in his bot, and
it.... EXPLODED!

oh. look what I found!!

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=3785

what's that!!

the mario calum team came in FIFTH!!!
Bruce did not even PLACE!!!!

and I don't see Ben's name on this list.  so why is he even commenting
like this:

I firmly agree.  Leave the Homeys on the streets and not in your code!!

Ben

Listen to me you castle freak....

you show me your RCX CASTLE, and then we can discuss my CODE skills.

...so...what were you trying to point out again? :)

The obvious!!!  You can mock all the nested if's you want. the proof is
in the score!!!

the code worked!

and the only mocking you seemed to have found in that code was what I
NAMED certain functions. and

if you think about the game, and the robot design then you will know
that the X, Y gantry robot was the design.

BY extension... you non-rogrammer (and I quote:

I wrote a small part on a secondary
RCX)

and this famous calum line:

I'm the worst programmer I know

now, to make it easy for your self explained non-programming mind:

if I have a plotter that runs on an X and Y platform, then would it not
make sense to have a .... (are you sitting down for this?)

HOME X

and

HOME Y

function. YEP, that's right, drive the X arm to the home position,
Drive the Y arm to the HOME position.

so, G.  Let  me axe you this.

what SHOULD I have called it??

nuff said.

Chris

so calum are we still on for lunch at my place on Sunday?  call my cell
and we can confirm.