 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9096
Re: My RCX is HAUNTED
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:23:11 GMT

As you might know, I have more than a slight interest in linear robots.  I come
(came?) across this problem all the time, becuase I always had home tasks for
homing the x, y, and z axes.

(climb on soapbox)

and where do you think I LEARNED the home technique???

a lot of what I do comes from snippets of conversations and these games.

that's why we do them. (steve)  not really to see who can get more bricks out of
rice*... but so that I can learn that a "home" function" works at  improving
accuracy in robots.

good robots or bad, we all learn. or at the very least confirms that we all do some
things the same way.

that's good.

(getting off soap box)

I noticed one day, that yes, it would look like "homeY", so I decided to call
that sub/task/void, "yHome".  This avoided the problem.  :)

    Iain

I disagree, cause then it looks like a questions.

Yhome, becomes an if then statement in my minds eye.

e.g..  Why Home, if block is picked.

where as home Y is a forceful statement.

DAMN IT, I said HOME to the Y position!!!

Chris

* sure there is a certain cachet in saying I got more bricks, or my stack is
taller. but that's just a bonus.