 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9090
Re: My RCX is HAUNTED
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:46:48 GMT

if I have a plotter that runs on an X and Y platform, then would it not
make sense to have a .... (are you sitting down for this?)

HOME X

and

HOME Y

function. YEP, that's right, drive the X arm to the home position,
Drive the Y arm to the HOME position.

so, G.  Let  me axe you this.

what SHOULD I have called it??

As you might know, I have more than a slight interest in linear robots.  I come
(came?) across this problem all the time, becuase I always had home tasks for
homing the x, y, and z axes.

I noticed one day, that yes, it would look like "homeY", so I decided to call
that sub/task/void, "yHome".  This avoided the problem.  :)

    Iain