 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9078
9077  |  9079
Subject:
My RCX is HAUNTED
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 23:26:33 GMT

so.  I'm playing in the rice pit.

the robot is doing its thing.

-------------some background--------

I'm at a software point now so all I'm doing is "tweaking."

changing all those variables from cycle this task 2 times(for efficient
testing) to 8 times for actual "combat conditions."

I'd make a change, and D/L new software.

test, modify, redownload, test....

to debug, I will sometimes put in "sound" beeps so I know what part of a
task is running.

I get rid of all those for the "final program"

I know I have no more sounds in this version of the program.  I did a
simple "find" using a wordpro and it found none.

------- the problem------------

when I run this new software, for the most part it does what i
expect.... except it starts "beeping" where I once had a debug beep.

I've looked at the battery symbol and its fine (I'm using AC to power
it)

I want to know WHY my RCX beeps at a task point where i KNOW there is no
sound command.

I've redownloaded the software a few times... same thing.

as of right now I'm putting in all new firmware, then I'll re download
my software, and try again.

has anyone come across something like this?   remnants of past code in
your rcx?

maybe its haunted.  if it keeps up I guess I could sell my RCX to
ralph.  he'll buy anything.

Chris

king of rice.